WE'RE HIRING: CONSULTING & COMMUNITY DIRECTOR
CultureWorks Greater Philadelphia is seeking a Director for our Consulting program. The Consulting Director will report to the Chief Commons Director, providing hands-on support including business and operating strategy development, program design, research and analysis, writing and editing, financial modeling, meeting/event scheduling & logistics management, and general communications.
In addition to directly delivering on select engagements, and managing other internal team members working on consulting projects, the Consulting Director will develop and manage our Affiliate Network and oversee client projects led by members of the Network. Affiliates are outside professionals who contribute blocks of their time to CultureWorks at discounted rates. These hours are deployed for the needs of our members on a per-project basis.
The Consulting Director is also responsible for managing a portfolio of members, for which this position is their chief point of contact for interaction with CultureWorks. In like fashion to a social worker or account manager, our community directors provide coaching, troubleshooting, and regular check ins with a defined group of members.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and oversee our Affiliate Network.
- Refine and develop the consulting program based on our core values and design principles.
STRATEGY & ASSESSMENT
- Provide program design and strategy advice/support to CultureWorks members.
- Provide business/operations strategy advice/support to CultureWorks members.
- Provide strategic financial advice/support and models to CultureWorks members.
- Manage, independently, a portfolio of member projects.
RESEARCH & ANALYSIS
- Manage scheduling, logistics, and other preparation for interviews and focus groups.
- Review and analyze member and market data (qualitative and quantitative).
- Review and analyze secondary research and report-back.
- Support and often lead primary research studies (e.g., industry/benchmark scans)
GENERAL MANAGEMENT & COMMUNICATIONS
- Conduct monthly check in meetings with members in your portfolio.
- Be available to provide guidance and troubleshoot issues for members.
- Manage project workflow for the Consulting team and portfolio of active projects.
- With Brand Awareness Director develop consulting-related content.
- Maintain direct communications with CultureWorks members on projects.
- Respond to general program inquiries.
- Participate in (and help lead) program sales and marketing meetings/presentations.
- Work with Brand Awareness Director and graphic designer on developing program collateral.
- Create case studies for past and existing members for sales and web collateral.
- Create and implement feedback and assessment tools for member satisfaction.
- Attend area networking events, conferences, symposiums, workshops and other related external gatherings to promote CW and stay engaged in the broader cultural community.
MEETINGS & EVENTS
- Manage scheduling, logistics, and other preparation for consulting meetings and events.
- Participate in meetings (occasionally during out of business hours).
- Investigate cross-program needs/desires for workshops and programs relevant to our members.
- Write and edit deliverables – memos, reports, business plans, etc.
- Review for quality and completeness deliverables from other team members and Affiliates.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (we’re happy to learn about how any degree you have feels relevant to you: please explain in your cover letter).
- General familiarity with the arts and heritage fields
- Experience with project management (ideally within the cultural sector).
- Experience in advisory or consulting services preferred.
- Stellar customer service and interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years experience in a client-centric environment. Management-level preferred.
- Strong writing skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Interest in and knowledge of the cultural sector in Philadelphia.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Our office is entirely Mac-based: experience with recent Apple OS preferred.
Timeline and Compensation
To Begin: May 2018
Weekly Commitment: Full Time (40 hours/week)
Compensation: Baseline Salary at $50,000 [W2 salaried position]
Health Benefits (91% covered by CW). Annual well-being allowance. Unlimited Vacation policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send in PDF form a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com. Applications mailed through the USPS or faxed are not accepted. The deadline for applying is April 13th, 2018. CultureWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, gender, or sexual identity. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Who We Are
CultureWorks is an intentional community of creative and cultural practitioners, a management commons dedicated to creating equitable access to the resources needed to flourish. Flourishing is the ability to determine and define, both individually and collectively, the questions, challenges, and joys that define your vision and work.
Our community is committed to combating barriers to individual and collective flourishing through resisting language, belief systems, structures, and practices that are designed, whether by intention or accident, to oppress or impede the path to flourishing. We celebrate difference and diversity and welcome anyone willing to engage in the joyful and difficult work of supporting each other and sharing resources
We currently support a membership of 220, ranging from established organizations, to “informal” cultural and creative start-ups led by individual artists, and representing a diversity of practice from the fine and performing arts to history, heritage, and humanities. Please visit our website at www.cultureworksphila.org.