Pennsylvania Council on the Arts - Funding Opportunities
"The mission of the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA) is to foster the excellence, diversity, and vitality of the arts in Pennsylvania and to broaden the availability and appreciation of those arts throughout the state."
- AOAP (Arts Organizations & Arts Programs) - Full application submitted every three years, interim application in the off years. Deadline for online applications is in January. Funds Organizations (budgets over $200,000), Please note that you cannot apply directly to AOAP unless you have transitioned from Entry Track, PPA Program Stream, or Preserving Diverse Cultures. The application is based on past two years' performance, and formula funding is based on advisory panel review assessment, fiscal size, and past PCA award.
- Entry Track - Deadline for online applications is in January, Funds organizations (budgets over $200,000, organization needs a history of at least one year of consistent arts/cultural programming) - "Entry track is the point of entry for organizations or programs to the Arts Organizations and Arts Programs track (AOAP)".
- Arts In Education Residencies, Teacher-Artist Partnership, Long Term Residencies: this funding program seeks to enable artists to help others explore and develop their creativity and artistic skills in a variety of educational, community and institutional settings. Deadline for online applications is in January. This initiative seeks to fund Pennsylvania schools, institutions, arts organizations, government agencies, local arts agencies, institutions of higher education and other not-for-profit, tax-exempt organizations with 501(c)(3) status are eligible for AIE funding
- Preserving Diverse Cultures (PDC): this initiative supports the development of organizations whose mission is deeply rooted in and reflective of the African American, Latino, Asian, Asian American, Native American and Hispanic (ALANAH) perspectives.
Strategies for Success (Deadline in March)
Community-Based Engagement Projects (Deadline in April)
Technical Assistance & Professional Development
Professional Development for Individual Artists: awards funds of up to $200
PCA's PDC program seeks to fund individuals and organizations - Varies by program"Strategies for Success" has three different levels: basic (organizational development), intermediate (capacity building) and advanced (strategic growth and planning)
- Folk & Traditional Arts: Apprenticeships - Master and apprentice must apply together online, with applications due in AprilI. This funding initiative supports individuals. Particularly, they seek to support the learning of folk and traditional arts; administered by FolkArt PA at Jump Street