Olney Culture Lab Launches Tacony Creek Park Photo Contest
Olney Culture Lab, in collaboration with the Tookany/Tacony-Frankford Watershed Partnership (TTF), is launching their first ever Tacony Creek Park Photo Contest.
Who can enter: Professional and amateur photographers of all ages are encouraged to participate! Current and former TTF Watershed Partnership staff are not eligible to win.
Timeline: March 1 – April 15, 2019
All photos must have been taken by you within Philadelphia’s Tacony Creek Park, and must be submitted by April 15, 2019.
However, photos can be recent or from the past.
Need some inspiration? Here’s some ideas:
- Nature and wildlife – animals, birds, plants, and the creek
- People enjoying the park (photographer must get permission from all individuals in the photo if they are to be included in the competition.)
- Man-made aspects of the park, especially those of historical significance
- Scenes of the park from different seasons of the year
We welcome your creativity and point-of-view on Tacony Creek Park!
There will be two categories in this photography contest: an Adult category and Youth category (18 years old and under). Each category will have a first place and a second place winner.
Adult 1st place: $250
Adult 2nd place: $125
Youth 1st place: $100
Youth 2nd place: $50
Winning entries, along with other notable submissions, will also be published in TTF’s first-ever 12-month calendar in 2020.
All winners will be invited to TTF’s Watershed Milestones Award Ceremony & Receptionon Wednesday May 15, 2019 where winning photos will be on display.
How to Participate:
Five photo entries are allowed per person; however, any individual can only have one winning entry.
- Full color
- JPEG file format
- 300 Dots per inch (DPI)
We accept images taken by digital, phone, or film cameras, as long as they follow the requirements above.
Submit up to five photos to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include the following details:
- Subject line of email: “TCP Park Photo Contest”
- Your full name, email, phone number, and address
- Indicate if you are submitting as an Adult (over 18) or as a Youth (18 years & under)
- Title each photo file. Name them “Untitled #1”, “Untitled #2” etc., if you do not have titles.
- Under each title, please share a short description of when and where you took the photo. Tacony Creek Park exists in several Philadelphia neighborhoods, so tell us what neighborhood/section of the park you were in. For instance, “Juniata Park section” or “Olney section” etc.
Photo taken Spring 2018 in Olney section of Tacony Creek Park near Adams Ave.
The contest judges will be TTF Watershed Partnership staff and invited guests. Photos will be judged anonymously, and judgments will be subjective and based on the tastes and views of the judges.
How your photos will be used:
By submitting images to this contest, you are consenting to TTF Watershed Partnership’s and Olney Culture Lab’s use of these photographs, including their usage in any future publications, on social media, and in current and future promotions of the Photo Contest. The photographer will retain copyright to the photographs they submitted to this contest. TTF and Olney Culture Lab will not sell your photo entries. By submitting images to this contest, you will also be added to TTF’s email list, which you can unsubscribe from at any time.
Contact email@example.com or call Robin at 215.744.1853