In partnership with CultureWorks Greater Philadelphia, the Philadelphia Area Cooperative Alliance (PACA) will offer a workshop series aimed at developing leadership capacity and skills. This month, we'll focus on:
POWER & LEADERSHIP: WHAT'S YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO POWER?
In order to use power to effect positive change in our organizations, we have to develop a good relationship with it. Yes, power can be abused, corrupting, and hoarded. Yet power can also be helpful, edifying, and shared. What’s your relationship to power? This workshop is designed to motivate leaders to stand responsibly in their own power.
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF THIS WORKSHOP:
- Explore how different types of power function within organizations
- Identify how to leverage your power to lead better and help others step up into power
- Recognize barriers to acquiring power so as to identify opportunities for organizational shifts away from bias and discrimination
IS THIS WORKSHOP FOR YOU?
- You want to think critically about how you access and use power and where you need it to shift
- You want to assess how power shows up in your organization to create a more leaderful and just environment
- You are willing to practice using new tools and learning new concepts in a group setting to become a better leader
Workshops are open to emerging to established leaders. Please RSVP in advance as sessions are capped at 20 and tend to fill quickly.
Please only register if you plan to attend in-person. RSVP and more info here: