What We Do
CultureWorks Greater Philadelphia provides arts and heritage organizations and creative professionals affordable access to the support and strategy they need to flourish. We are a management commons offering shared services and space to our community of roughly 200 members and growing, from individual artists and creative professionals to arts, heritage, and creative organizations.
Why We Do It
We believe that everyone should have unfettered access to the support they need to live a creative life, to pass on to others the culture, ideas, and traditions that they cherish.
Our motto. We are the Caretakers of the ideas, work, and wellbeing of our members.
Our relationship credo. CultureWorks is a place of accountability, genuine care, and guidance for our members. Providing this support is our highest mission.
The services we provide are more than transactional, they are relational. Through each step of our relationship with our members, we excite their imagination, lower barriers to access, stimulate their wellbeing (flourishing), and in turn create a more equitable and vibrant cultural community.
Position Roles & Responsibilities
- Respond to client/member inquiries regarding space functionality.
- Maintain presence at front desk including greeting visitors and notifying their hosts of arrival.
- Receive packages/mail and notifying recipients of their arrival.
- Be available to our members to answer questions, respond to concerns, and offer resources.
- Respond to inquiries from our member suggestion box.
- Lead tours for guests and prospective members.
- Keep office supplies stocked, maintain vendor relationships, and maintain inventory list.
- Engage with and supervising out-of-house cleaning service.
- Engage with our landlord to resolve maintenance issues as well as maintain issues database.
- Maintain the overall cleanliness of the space including decor, plant life, and furnishings.
- Keep the kitchen clean & well stocked in the morning, throughout the day, and before leaving.
- Situate new members in the space.
- Assess special technological or spatial needs for members or guests (if necessary).
- Assisting with setup and breakdown of events, including ordering food and beverages.
- Manage our Internet network’s reliability and connectivity.
- Manage our printer, including setting up new members and dealing with maintenance issues.
- Manage our security system, including key fobs and security footage.
- Research new operations-related software and techniques for improving efficiency.
- Engage with Nexudus, our member and space/calendar management system.
Skills & Experience
- Empathy and caring attention to detail.
- Stellar customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability prioritize and to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Our office is entirely Mac-based: experience with recent Apple OS preferred.
- Experience with Google Applications (Google Sheets, Docs, etc.).
- General familiarity with the arts, culture, and heritage fields a plus.
Timeline and Compensation
Timeline: December 2017 - May 2018 [with potential opportunity to continue]
Weekly Commitment: 15-20 Hours/Week|
Compensation: $15-$20/Hour [W2 salaried position]
Please send in PDF form a cover letter, resume or similar review of professional experience, and three references to email@example.com. Applications mailed through the USPS or faxed are not accepted. We will be reviewing applicants on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
CultureWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, gender, or sexual identity.